Blue Screen, SAFE Mode doesn't work Error Code 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x86ee64c9...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on a site I was running a spyware search and antivirus search after getting weird pop ups continuously when my firefox was open.

The virus/spyware search ended and I removed all the bad files, then my computer started to act very slowly so I reset it from there it has been a blue screen with error codes

Technical information:

0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x86EE64C9, 0xF7B2EC50, 0xF7B2E94C)

I tried running it in safe mode and it still comes back to this screen

I am using another computer to try to get my Toshiba Laptop running again. It was using windows xp

Any suggestions?

It could be you are still infected. We've seen this behavior repeat itself over and over on many systems even after system scans and removal of said infections.

Go to the Virus and Malware removal forum, read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow the steps as given - DON'T skip any of the steps - and post on that forum the required three logs.

Do you have a friend that has some tech experience? If he/she does you could always slave your harddrive into their system and let them scan said harddrive.

Many people use this option.

Same Problem

I'm having the same issue with a computer. I get the BSOD with "0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x86EE64C9, 0xF7B2EC50, 0xF7B2E94C)" even in safe mode. I've put it as a slave drive and ran Malwarebytes, Spybot and safety.live and I'm still getting the same message on the same blue screen. Any other suggestions?

I have successfully been able to run Xubuntu by CD on this machine. I have not directly installed it, nor have I done anything with trying to correct the issue. At this point I am either going to leave as is for now (running Xubuntu) or reinstall windows. I have not decided. I would hate to lose all functionality should something go wrong with installation.

I found that my problem is most similar to the threadstarter's.

I was downloading a torrent file when I got this pop-up for a music player of some sort. It was a music player software, and one of those fake anti-virus scanners that urge you to scan your computer with their software.

I can't even remember what the name of the music player program was because i thought i'd quickly uninstall it after my computer was hijacked by these pop-ups.

I should say that my AVG antivirus program caught a trojan, which i quarantined.

I also had TWO red windows security shields appear in the system tray--the ones that prompt you to enable your firewall/windows update/antivirus definitions. I previously had one shield (disabled windows update).

I got a message that something was trying to change something else in the registry(?). I tried to cancel it and soon after I got the BSOD.

My problem has got to be virus-related, I cant run a scan since i don't even know what the command prompt is to do it. I cant get into safe mode...Frustrating.

My laptop:

Acer Travelmate 800
Seagate 80gb hd
512mb ram
64 mb ati radeon 9000
windows xp sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back