Blue Screen STOP: 0x0000007B and boot bcd error 0xc00000e9

By ooch
Jan 27, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was trying to revive an old computer that had its CPU and power supply go out, but I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

The computer is running a: 2.5ghz p4 celeron (replacement)
    Soyo P4I 845PE Lite Mobo

I plugged in a formatted hard drive and booted windows 7 from the dvd drive. I got a boot bcd error 0xc00000e9, which says that windows has a problem with communicating with one of my connected devices. Thinking it had to be either the dvd drive or the hard drive, I tried replacing both. I changed the dvd drive and I got the same error. I decided to pull a hard drive from another computer running windows xp and booted from the hard drive and it gave me a BSOD STOP: 0x0000007B error.

I'm out of ideas, can anyone help?
  2. protecterstouch

protecterstouch Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

Well I don't know why the first hard drive with windows 7 gave the error but try disconnecting any external devises before booting. The second drive with windows xp has a different ide controller then what the new motherboard has. You can reformat the second drive and install windows xp on it again to fix that issue hopefully.
  3. ooch

ooch Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say that I was trying to install windows 7 on the 1st hard drive which was formatted.

When trying to reformat the 2nd hard drive with Windows xp on it, I get the boot bcd error 0xc00000e9, which makes me think it isn't the dvd drive or the hard drive since I get the same errors when replacing either.

Is it possible for the motherboard to be at fault?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.