TechSpot

Blue Screen Stop: 0x000000C2 and can't restart in safe mode

By classdame
Aug 2, 2009
  1. I have been researching this BAD_POOL_CALLER error code and everyone suggests certain downloads. But, I cannot do a download if I cannot restart PC.
    Machine is a Dell Dimension 521!, BIOS V 1.1.10. Installed memory 1.0 GB 667 MHz Windows XP OS. This machine is at our 2nd home and we returned after 3 months. Both my husband and I were logged on and I had just hit the button to start update downloads. Within 30 seconds power went off and computer shut down. When I restarted, the dreaded blue screen and nothing I try will let me restart. Tried safe mode. It gets as far as "Loading Windows XP", then back to blue screen. I have service pack 3 installed. Help!!

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

I suspect your computer was damaged by the power shut down... and may be difficult to repair. Get an estimate from Dell or a qualified, licensed technician, then talk to your Insurance company... If may be fixable or it may not, but I would replace the board under an Insurance claim if there is any question about its long term reliability.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.