Blue Screen Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trbl with my Dell Inspiron 6000(Laptop). I currently use Xp Home Edition. Every time I try to boot I am getting the Blue Screen. Whether I am in Safe Mode or not. When trying to load even in Safe Mode it gives me the Blue Screen. I do believe it was a bad program install or some kind of virus. There is nothing on the hard drive that is not currently backed-up on Cds. My interest is wiping the laptop clean and reinstalling XP Home Edition. I have a legal copy of XP but was never given the disk from manufacturer. The sticker with all validation is on the bottom of the machine. What are my options to reinstall everything without having the disk(Xp & Drivers). I am open to try and fix the computer without reinstalling everything but I do not think thats poss. :) Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Blue Screen Reads:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or back-up utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Code: *** Stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82E6F628, 0x0000102, 0x00000000)

Call Dell. If original owner (They will have a record of your shipping invoice), they will send you the disk set free.
Blue screen errors are usually hardware errors such as video graphics cards, hard drive, memory or other hard drive device... and sometimes downloading the new BIOS and device updates will fix it. Go to the Dell support site and enter your Service Tag to get the download location on another computer.
Have you tried booting in Safe Mode to see if it works that way? Have you tried removing one memory module for a try, then changing modules and trying again... this may help isolate the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. Gonna give dell a call now get the disks asap. I did try Safe Mode with no luck. I get the Blue Screen before the partition is even finished loading, and I'm not technical enough to work with memory modules at all :). I'll post back if any other problems once i get the disks. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back