Blue screen when booting Windows Vista Home, only boots in safe mode

johnpb

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help

I have a dell inspiron 1501 runing windows Vista Home SP2
32 bit operating system

My problem started yesterday when I started the computer. It will show the Dell Inspiron screen, go to windows password logon screen. Once you enter the password windows will boot and go to the desktop. Once the desktop comes up, the screen goes blue with scattered small white boxes for a few seconds then reboots.

Once I rebooted into safe mode I recieved an error box stating windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown. Under addition information it list:

problem signature:
Problem Event Name BlueScreen
OS Version 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Local ID: 1033

Addition Information about the problem
BC Code 1000008e
BCP1: c0000005
BCP2: 8B025FF0
BCP3: 95F11684
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

I am attaching the dump file it shows as I am unable to open it to copy and paste

Thank you in advance for your help it is greatly appreciated.
John

Attachments

• Mini081210-03.dmp
    135.2 KB · Views: 3
Not sure if this will now be relevant for you but according to your minidump your issue is with the ATI driver atikmdag.sys Have you tried updating your video card driver?

If you cannot solve this problem you may reinstall Windows. To may use WET (windows easy transfer) and PickMeApp: two free solutions. WET may transfer your XP settings while portable PickMeApp tool may transfer programs from Windows to Windows. PickMeApp claims to support unlimited number of programs.
Use WET to copy your account settings and PickMeApp to save your applications from Save mode.

Back