Blue Screen when loading Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenidon

I get a blue screen about 1-2 minutes after loading up windows. This is the error that i get:

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0xF7688B20, 0xEB334808, 0x00000000).

I'm currently working under safe mode and everything is working fine. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, that worked. I can get in Windows now, but when surfing the web I cannot click on any links (in Google) without them taking me to a randomly selected search engine sight that looks like it's just full of spyware. If I close out the tab (I use Firefox) then open the link again, another unsavory site will pop up with the search results I was looking for, just not reputable ones.

EDIT: On another note, when trying to download Ad-Aware, Firefox will say the file is only 90-100kb. I've tried from several sites including download.com and cannot get it to work. I can, however, download Spybot S&D, so I'll be scanning with that very soon.

kimsland's hunch seems to be right. It sounds like you are infected. I strongly suggest going to the security and the web forum here and post what is happening when you try to surf, i.e., pop-ups etc. Also, read the stickies there; they contain valuable and helpful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back