Blue Screen when playing a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please will someone help me, I just bought Need for Speed Undercover for PC using the Steam Application on my desktop. When it finished downloading, I opened it and the game was running crystal clear and very smooth as expected. Then right as it put me in the drivers seat to drive my computer screen goes black and my RPM and MPH flicker but I still hear the game running fine in the background and all my keys such as go and stop reacting with no delay. I then press the escape key to try to get to the menu to tinker with the Video settings and the first time it let me in only for a second and i was able to change the resolution up and video detail down. Then my computer goes crazy. I can still move my car as before but my screen shuts off completely then back on. If i press the windows key at this point it will pull me out of it and I am able to close the BUT there are dots everywhere and everything is fuzzy. If I didnt press the windows key and let it try to work its flickering out I get blue screen. Now on this computer I have run Counter Strike Source with the resolution maxed and all settings all the way up with no lag and on stress test got an average of 70 FPS and in World of Warcraft with resolution maxed and settings maxed I was able to pull off 100fps average while not in citys. And on Runes of Magic with same settings 80ish fps. Im am downloading the game on my laptop which is much faster in ram, core speed, and graphics. Im not sure if I will get the same message or not on that one but I don't believe I will. Last but not least here are both computers specs..

Desktop (one with the problem)
Dell Demension C521
AMD Athlon 64 ProcessorBIOS v6.00PG
1.5GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 1012MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100)

Laptop (about to try it there)
HP Pavilion dv8000
Intel Centrino Duo(R) T2400 @ 1.83GHZ(x2)
3.0GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 1528MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100)

One last thing I might add, When I searched Windows 7 Action Center for a link to the bluescreen error, It listed the error under Video hardware error.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 845EE008
BCP2: 8CA3F6F0
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

You can zip the file so that it will be compressed and you can attach it to your post. Then we can go about debugging it for you and get a better idea as to what is going on

It seems as though your dump is corrupt? I can't seem to open it, it won't load properly.

Do you have any others?

Thank you so much for your time snowchick7669!! I contacted NVIDIA and they scanned my computer and told me that when I upgraded to Windows 7 my drivers became corrupted and they had just released the new version for Windows 7 that I was able to update to and now it runs fine! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back