TechSpot

Blue screen when playing Warcraft 3

By andreedo
Feb 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. hi everybody, i'm new in the forum; so please be gentle xD ;)

i've read about situation like mine on the web, but i can't find the solution althougth i've read the minidumb of my error.

starting from the begin:

i was playing warcraft 3 the frozen throne on this computer daily(and the game normally worked). but one day, with no reason i started warcraft 3 and i got a blue screen and my pc restart.
    i've tried to fix it by unistalling and re-installing the driver vga but nothing changed... so i formatted my pc and then re-installed the same driver and warcraft... but nothing changed...i still got the blue screen. this happen only on this pc...so it's not a problem of the game(that always worked well)

my pc is an acer aspire 3004 wlmi
    my operating system is windows xp professional (version 2002)service pack 3
    characteristic of the computer:
    mobile AMD Sempron(tm)
    processor 3100+
    1,80GHz, 960 MB of RAM

i'm sorry for my bad english... if you don'tunderstand something just ask and i'll try to explain it in a better way.
    thanks for the support.... waiting for answer
    bye

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Memory issue)
    Your minidump is flagging a SIS video driver... Are you running a SIS chipset?

3. andreedo

andreedo TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes, i'm running a SIS chipset...

4. Tmagic650

You may have to roll back the SIS video driver to an older one, or install a newer video card to play this game now

5. andreedo

mmm...i'll try...but, well, what i can't understand is why the first time i installed the game on this pc it worked well for more than 2 weeks and now it doesn't work... mistery of life??

6. Tmagic650

It could have been a recent Windows update that caused this but the SIS integrated video is old and not good for playing games in general...

7. andreedo

mmm... probably you are right. thanks to everyone for the fast support.! :)

8. Tmagic650

You're very welcome andreedo, good luck:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.