Blue Screen when trying to detach second monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have successfully attached and have been working with my second monitor for the past few days. At the end of the day I disconnect the second monitor and shut my laptop so that it goes into hibernation.

When I open it back up I get a blue screen saying "Windows has shutdown due to serious error...." This happens if I do not have the second monitor connected. If I have the second monitor connected, the system runs fine.

I have tried through Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display->Settings to detach the second monitor and this generates a blue screen system restart and minidump. I have also tried right clicking on the screen, selecting Graphics Options->Output to Notebook. This also creates the same blue screen with same BC error message.

In doing some other searches for this issue I came across RegCure downloadable software. I downloaded and ran a scan. The scan came back saying there were over 1400 errors with most of them being File/Path references, Empty Registry Keys, and Shared DLLs.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you ,
delwell

If you can get us the bluescreen error code (IE: 0x0000000--) we could research it further. In the mean time, look to see if you can find an update for your graphic cards drivers.

The error code is as follows:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf9377a3, parameter3 97d498fc, parameter4 00000000.

I got this from the event viewer in the control panel. Also, there are over 2300 events that occurred since last month and there are errors ranging from 1000, 1001, 1003 to 7000 and 7035.

I will look to see if I can find an update for my video driver in the mean time.

Thanks,
delwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back