Blue screen while playing Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

When I´m playing Oblivion with my notebook, the system crashes with a blue screen.
Sometimes it crashes after 10 minutes, sometimes it doesn´t crash after 3 hours...

My system:
Intel Core2Duo 2x2.2 GHz(P7550), 4GB DDR2 ram, GeForce GT240M 1GB CUDA, Win 7 x64 Home Premium OEM with all updates.
Attached you will find one of the minidump files and two dx diag. reports . It seems to be always the same error.
I already installed the latest GPU drivers (version: 197.16).

Could someone help me in that case?
Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 050510-20373-01.zip
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    25 KB · Views: 1
  • DxDiag64.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your answer! I will try it.

But I hoped, that someone could look at the minidump file and tell me, what is wrong.
There is maybe another way to solve this problem...

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (0x116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

Your BSOD was caused by nVidia's driver (nvlddmkm.sys).

First of all, I'll advise you to remove your current nvidia driver, and remove any trace of its remnants by running driver sweeper or driver cleaner pro.

Then download latest WHQL driver for your OS and install it.

Also ensure that:

1. Temperatures inside your casing are reasonably adequate.
2. There is no dust etc.
3. Download and RUN OCCT, to stress test your graphic card to see whether the issue itself lies in hardware.

I hope this helps, in case you need further assistance please let us know. Regards

Hi!

Thanks for your answer!
The temperatures are ok, there is no dust and the issue doesn´t lie in hardware.

I have removed the nvidia driver and installed the latest one.
The problem still occurs. I think, there is a general problem with this driver...
I read, that the antecessor of this driver even killed some GPUs...

It did with fan speed issues; just to make sure though did you remove left over files of uninstalled drivers with driver cleaner/driver sweeper pro?

If the problem still persist (in case you have followed the above suggestions), chances are it might be a hardware issue. Stress testing with OCCT / VMST or VCST can help in identification of the issue.

Yes, I removed everything with driver cleaner and after that, I installed the latest driver again.

I also made a stress test with occt - it was ok.

Now, my system crashes sometimes, when I´m just surfing...
Sometimes it looks like, the system will crash, but than I get the following message: "The Driver was recovered after an error."

Probably there is some issues with your graphic card.

Do you get any artifacts during game play? or freezing?

Also is this card in warranty?

I get a little freeze, before the system crashes. After that the monitor turns black and than the blue screen appears.
Sometimes the normal oblivion screen returns, after the black screen.

Yes, the whole notebook is in warrenty. Fortunately...

One more issue which comes mind is heat specially as this a notebook.

If its not the case, then you should take it back and ask them to have a look; IMHO there is something up with your graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back