Blue screen while playing Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantrumoo

Hello!

I've been having issues with blue screens while playing Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning lately. It's only happened while WaR has been running, and it's starting to happen more and more frequently.

I've gone through the minidumps with the Windows debugger, but frankly I have no idea what it's saying.

What I did manage to read was the "likely caused by" part, and out of the 4 minidumps I've gotten so far, it's been fileinfo.sys twice, win32k.sys once, and ntkrnlpa.exe once. I'm not sure what, if anything these have in common.

The fact that it's only happening while WaR is running leads me to believe it's not a memory problem, since it would happen while other programs would be running too then, no?

I hope these 4 minidumps are enough for someone with more technical expertise than I have to find the source of the problem, because it's really starting to piss me off!

Yours sincerely,
Tantrumoo.

Any time we see people having BSODs with just one game or two we usually find it is due to the video card drivers. Have you attempted to update your vid card drivers to see if that helps?

One of your errors is 0x000000CF TERMINAL_SERVER_DRIVER_MADE_INCORRECT_MEMORY_REFERENCE is essentially a video driver issue.

Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I did update my video drivers yes, but I didn't use the cleaning software. I'll give that a try and get back to you if it doesn't work. Thanks!

Just had another crash. Only this time it wasn't a blue screen, the entire PC basically froze, and I had to reboot to fix it.

Just had another bluescreen, so reinstalling the drivers didn't solve the problem.

The crash dump didn't save for some reason, so can't upload it.

For clarification, this only occurs with this game, correct? Do you play any other online games that this issue dosn't happen?

Give us your system specs including OS and internet security installed.

It's only happened when Warhammer's been running, yes.

My system specs are as follows :

# Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM
# Gainward GeForce 9800GT 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP
# Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5, Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's
# AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 89W, Socket AM2, 3,1GHz, Boxed w/fan
# Asus M3N78-VM, GeForce 8200, DDR2, m-ATX ,Socket-AM2+, Hybrid-SLI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
# Corsair Powersupply 550W Bulk, black, ATX/EPS, 120mm fan, 4xSATA, SLI

I use Vista Service Pack 1, with all updates installed.

I use the free version of Avast! Antivirus for security.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding out which drivers my network card is using. As far as I know it's an onboard network adapter, but according to device management (or whatever it's named in the english version of Windows), it's using an nForce driver while I don't have an nforce card.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding out which drivers my network card is using. As far as I know it's an onboard network adapter, but according to device management (or whatever it's named in the english version of Windows), it's using an nForce driver while I don't have an nforce card.

Since it is onboard that is why it is saying Nforce driver. It is part of the chipset drivers that are installed on your mobo. Go to your motherboard manufacture's website, find your exact board and check for updates and install.

After reading your dumps only OS drivers were cited and they are too general to be of much help. Do the following:

1. Run virus scans.

2. Run your harddrive's free utility to diagnose it. You can obtain it from Samsung or Seagate's SeaTools is fairly universal.

3. Run Memtest on your RAM. See this link and follow the directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back