Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a computer locking up. Mouse freezes and I get the internal speaker beeping. I also have a few blue screens on 0x000000c5. I have read that it appears to be a driver issue and need to determine which driver.

I have a minidump file attached. Can anyone read this for me and tell me the driver that caused the dump?

Thanks,
Wally Hass

Your error is 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

The driver specifically cited is SYMTDI.sys which belongs to your Symantec/Norton software.

1. Either see if an update helps or...

2. Uninstall and then reinstall your software. Keep in mind that Symantec software is notorious for leaving driver remnants behind. So after you uninstall go to their website, find their special Removal Tool for your particular version, use it, and then reinstall.

* Tell us if this helps.

* Also, the mods will most likely place your post in the proper BSOD sub-forum found in the Windows OS forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back