Blue screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn on my computer, this blue screen comes up. I cant get rid of it to log onto XP or anything. I am able to get into safe mode, but thats about all. HELP!!!

You likely have a hardware failure of hard drive or memory module. It can also be a failed video card or a corrupted device driver.
First look for red, yellow, or black flags in your Device manager Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager.
Then, if no flags, get back to us with a full description of your computer brand, model, age, and configuration.

yeah, I was going to post a picture but since I don't have five posts, I couldn't lol, oops. Anyway, the codes are 0x0000007B,0xF7A3B524, 0XC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

Try to boot from the Recovery console and run chkdsk /r. See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

(also, if lucky, chkdsk might also fix your problem.. if not, try backing up your files as described to in above link.. then let us know)

That error can occur due to many factors including:

1. You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message if your computer is infected with a boot-sector virus.

2. A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.

3. A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.

4. Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

Windows XP requires a miniport driver to communicate with the hard disk controller that is used to start your computer. If Windows XP does not supply a device driver for your controller or if Windows XP is using a corrupted or incompatible driver, you must replace the driver with a valid copy that is compatible with your controller and Windows XP.

5. If an IRQ or I/O port address conflict exists between the boot controller and another controller, Windows XP either stops responding (hangs) or displays a 0x0000007B error message. If you recently added new hardware, remove the new hardware or reconfigure it so that it does not conflict with the resources of any other installed controllers.

6. The boot volume is corrupted and cannot be initiated by Windows XP. If the file system is corrupted and if Windows XP cannot initiate the boot volume during the startup process, either move the drive to another computer that is running Windows XP and run the chkdsk command on that drive or try to create a parallel installation of Windows XP on the drive (in a separate folder). The Windows XP Setup program checks the integrity of the volume before it copies files, and it may fix some problems in the process.

7. This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP.

8. You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.

9. Overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer.

I've proposed these three remedies; check out and please let us know what you come up with:

i. Use the Last Known Good Configuration feature. This may resolve the problem if you recently installed an incompatible device driver for your boot controller.

ii. Use the Repair option with Windows XP Setup CD.

iii. Restore a registry backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back