Blue screens are ruining my life!

By Siyko
Mar 20, 2007
  1. Hi. I recently installed vista, and although I do love it, I am getting frequent bluescreens. It seems to happen more when I'm playing a game, but that might be unrelated, or its just related to high CPU usage or something.

I get different messages for the bluescreens, the most frequent ones are BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. The former first made me think of hard drive error, but they have never had a problem in the past. I switched the power connectors to the hard drives on a hunch, but it solved nothing.

The second error makes me think something's wonky with the drivers.

I ran two diagnostics-
    vista memtest (restarts into 16 bit app), no errors found
    GRC Spinrite, ran twice, both times it gave an error and did not complete.

Windows Vista (64 bit)
    DFI Lanparty UT nforce 4
    Athlon 64 3200+
    Geforce 6800GT
    SB Audigy 1
    Logitech Mx518 mouse
    Logitech G15 Keyboard

I am running latest manufacturer provided drivers for all hardware, including Setpoint and the keyboard software.

It MIGHT be worth noting that the keyboard profiling software has errored out a few times.

In device manager, everything looks fine except for three in 'other devices':

-Multimedia Controller
    -Multimedia Video Controller
    -Unknown Device

All 3 are disabled, and in driver details, it says "no files have been loaded for this device". I assume they can't cause a problem in this state, can they?

Here are the .dmp files from my last 5 crashes, I cannot seem to open them, but perhaps they will provide some insight:

Thanks very much for any help, or advice on where to look.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.