Blue Screens while playing Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsilv

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read/view my post, I really appreciate your help.

My PC crashes but only during the times I'm playing games. A High powered game such as Counter-Strike Source crashes faster and more definite than a lower powered game such as Starcraft: Brood War or Worms Armageddon. I can go without crashing SOMETIMES while playing the lower powered games. I have reason to believe it MIGHT be my RAM, this computer is about 3-4 years old, custom made with good hands. MY PC is powerful, I'd post the specs but I'm a little lazy right now but I will if asked to. I was looking through other posts to see if I could find help for myself but I've seen that big helpers ask for minidump files and the 1001 Event information in control panel-admin tools- system, so I will automatically provide those. (i have 3 or 4 minidumps in a zip file attached to post)

my 1001 Event:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x029c984e, 0x000000ff, 0x00000001, 0x804e7939). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini030208-01.dmp.

edit: All my drivers have been updated as well

Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH:grinthumb

You are having driver conflicts. Anytime there is playing games + crashing it = to drivers.

The first of significance is nv4_mini.sys which is an Nvidia miniport driver.

The second is ctaud2k.sys which ia a Creative Audio driver.

Recommendations:

1. Update your Video Card drivers.

2. Update your audio card drivers.

3. Run chkdsk.

* If these don't resolve your issue come back and post more minidumps. If it does let us know that too. :)

P.S. If you want to know if it is your RAM then run MemTest for 7 passes. Any errors and you need to replace.

I just updated both vide and audio drivers, they both state they are the same (as in currently updated)

You said Nvidia miniport driver... is that the same as the regular driver?
I have a geforce 6800 gt overclocked, 256mb

still no luck

Yes, many people have done that in many cases and it has been known to work. The thing with drivers is: If it is working in the first place there is no need to update.

Did you update because you were experiencing crashes before your update and tou thought an update might resolve it?

kinda foggy why i did, come to think of it it might have been due to a reformatt... ill try rolling it back.

ok, i rolled back and that didnt work. tried a couple different ones none worked right.. now im back to the latest driver.

also, i have included my latest minidump file, my computer just crashed 10 minutes ago and this is the minidump that was created.

thank you for your help

Error is 0x50 and the only thing it cited was a hardware issue but what hardware it didn't say. Next to the hardware issue was in parenthees (nv4_mini.sys) which is an Nvidia driver.

1. I wonder if your video card is defective. 0x50 errors are often caused by defective RAM and just not system memory, it can be video RAM or L2 cache RAM.

2. Run MemTest on your memory for 7 passes.

3. 0x50 errors acan be caused by incompatible software, but your latest mini points to hardware. You aren't running more than one anti-virus or firewall, correct?

4. This error can also be caused by a flawed PCI card; I've seen many issues especially with NIC cards.

5. Run a full harddrive diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back