TechSpot

Bluescreen and TCP/IP issues?

By scorpiomch
Aug 7, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. My computer keeps shutting down and gives me a bluescreen. The bluescreen says problem with tcp/ip. I am currently using a satellite dish provided by a company called HughesNet. The problems started after I began using the dish. I have contacted their customer support and they just keep telling me to reset the router. That helped for a day or two. I can be on hours and then it shuts down or for about 5 minutes and it will shutdown. Today it has shut down multiple times. I am afraid one of these times it will not recover. So far everything comes back intact. Any ideas? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you. I am using Windows 7

BLUESCREEN: I can barely get this wrote down before the screen disappears..

ADDRESS: 8C26A23A
    BASE AT: 8C20F000
    DATESTAMP: 4a5bbf8e

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.200.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 00000010
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 8C28923A
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\080710-65052-01.dmp
    C:\Users\SCORPIOMCH\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-247963-0.sysdata.xml

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers and tcp/ip is a Windows OS driver that has to do with networking.

By the fact you did not have any issues prior to HughesNet it is most likely a driver from their software causing this problem.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

3. scorpiomch

scorpiomch TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have attached the last five dump files. I hope that I did that right. I appreciate the help with this problem.

Attached Files:

4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Just a quick note, as i haven't read any of the minidumps but just skimmed the thread and saw the reference to tcpip.sys.... Just wanted to mention I learned from Broni (in a different thread from the past) tcpip.sys might also be a sign of malware (likes to hide in tcpip.sys)

In any case, Route44 is "da man" for your minidumps :approve:

5. scorpiomch

scorpiomch TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the information LookinAround. This problem is driving me nuts. :confused: