BlueScreen Error @ Hardware Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

Not sure why. It basically tells me that either some hardware was lose, or some software was faulty, or something else. I usually get it when hosting a game on 'Diablo II' It sais if this is the first time receiving this error please restart your computer, if you've received it before contact your computer provider etc. Not sure what causes this. Not sure how to check my hardware for 'looseness' >.<.. Not sure whats even causing it. Today out of no where (just sitting there listening to music =/) I got the same error. I have no idea -.-. Thanks for any help, Jasio-

howard_hopkinso said:
Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :)

Not exactly sure how to get Minidumps :blush:

All the instructions are in the link.

Hopefully, after reading the instructions, you won`t need them.

However, if you do, they can be found in C:\windows\minidumps

I read your post about minidumps. I'm not sure of the physical problems, and i'm not confident when it comes to this stuff (don't wanna ruin something). I have no minidumps, or nothing loads in the folder. The error happened today but i've restarted twice if that means anything?

Maybe your Windows isn`t set up to write minidumps.

Right click my computer and select properties, then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery, click settings. Under system failure, uncheck the automatically restart box. Under write debugging information set the first box to full memory dump. Uncheck the little box that says overwrite existing file. Go back to the first box and set it to small memory dump(64k). Click ok/ok and reboot your computer.

The next time your computer crashes, it should write a minidump to the folder C:\windows\minidumps

Done. Thank you. I'm not exactly concerned about this, because there havent been any issues besides the blue screen (..oxy *****?) I'm just curious if something is dying inside my poor 8 month old very expensive modem :'(

Well, instead of your computer automatically restarting when there`s a crash, you should see a blue screen of death(BSOD).

This will give you some details of what may have caused the crash. You`ll also have the minidump in the minidumps folder that you can zip up and attach here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back