Bluescreen of death on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

I'm pretty new here, so be gentle.

i put my laptop into sleep mode last night and booted it up this morning....only to be left staring at the blue screen of death.

the usual rhetoric of:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

technical information ;

stop 0X0000007E 0XC00000005, 0x85A43E7A, 0x88F57780, 0x88F5747C

when I manage to get it into safe mode the windows diagnostic kit reckons there is no problem...but when i run startup repair it gives me this information:

Problem event name; startuprepairv2
problem signature 01: autofailer
problem signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000
problem signature 03: 5
problem signature 04: 196611
problem signature 05: BadDriver
problem signature 06: BadDriver
problem signature 07: 0
problem signature 08: 3
problem signature 09: WrpRepair
problem signature 10: 1168
OS version : 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
locale ID; 1033

I've tried system restore but to no avail.

has anyone else out there experienced this?

The laptop came preinstalled so, no disk.

please, no comments like "chuck it out the window" because i've seriously considered it :D

no disc, eh? Is it still under warranty? you can give it back to where you bought it and tell them what you told us. They should fix the problem.

First off, thanks for the reply.

That's a good point... i'll have to look into that (re my warranty) but I'm a bit wary of handing my laptop over given the fact some of the files on there are sensitive (work related)

Can I ask what the information i provided tells you? is it a corrupt registry or something else?

thanks again!

I do have a curious question to you that I forgot to add to my first reply, Why did you put your computer in Sleep mode? Why not shut it down? hmmm?

Well I ain't to much with computers, but I think from what you said, there's probably something wrong with the OS. Don't know if I'm right or not, after all, I did give a nice gently reply, did I not?

Could be some hardware conflict....

For the files, if I was you, and I ain't, but if I was, I would keep a backup copy of them just to make sure them guys don't got to harsh on your laptop. Or you could just delete them keep the backup on disc or another thingy that keeps files - digitally!

I don't know, force of habit maybe.

could that explain it?

So are you saying, all these times, you've got your laptop to sleep instead of shutting down?

You do know, for a computer's good night sleep, you gotta let go of it so it can get as much rest so it can be used again the next day.

No, I work late at night into the morning. Putting it on sleep mode is a force of habit in that situation.

Re: hardware...the only thing that has been 'installed" most recently was some drivers for a nokia cable . Just seems odd how it goes from working to kaput.

ahh... It seems system restore wants to play ball.

i've selected a restore point....but just to be sure...

"You must always restore the disk that contains your windows systems files. Restoring other disks is optional.".

what does it mean by disk?

ahh... It seems system restore wants to play ball.

i've selected a restore point....but just to be sure...

"You must always restore the disk that contains your windows systems files. Restoring other disks is optional.".

what does it mean by disk?

How did you get this up?

I clicked on launch start-up repair, then reinstall windows then start vista system restore...

Just concerned I might be misinterpreting what its instructing me to do.

i'd hate to restore it and realize i have no disk.

I clicked on launch start-up repair, then reinstall windows then start vista system restore...

Just concerned I might be misinterpreting what its instructing me to do.

i'd hate to restore it and realize i have no disk.

Didn't your manufacturer give you a backup disc?

Did you even make a system restore point before this happened?

Have ever created a backup disc or atleast a fixed image of when your computer was stable?

I can't remember receiving any backup disk.

I have several points to choose from, from December through to november and the description is "install windows update" is this what you mean by system restore points?

no i haven't.....if only

I can't remember receiving any backup disk.

I have several points to choose from, from December through to november and the description is "install windows update" is this what you mean by system restore points?

no i haven't.....if only

Well........Have you ever done atleast a stable system point yourself? Manually?

Does your System Restore Point window look something like this:
4270517693_8c97d23665_o.jpg

If it is, then yes

Thanks for all your advice. I managed to fix it last night by going through with the system restore to an earlier point.

I have also taken in what you have said and no longer leave my laptop on stand by.

I now shut it down when I'm done using it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back