Bluescreen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well Im getting a blue screen.

One of the stop codes are

0x0000007A
and
0x00000077

I looked up on Microsoft and did what they said and it still happens.

Also how can I find the Drive Verifier?

=EDIT=
I forgot to mention that I am using Windows XP SP3 (This problem also happened on SP2)

I cant seem to find my system root folder to post mini dumps..

I reformatted recently to get rid of this problem. It only slowed the bluescreenings down.
I changed my RAM for another stick and still the same problem..

sorry for the double post but it would not let me edit again.

I got another BSOD and this time the code was 0x000000F4

Blues on Fresh Install

I have a mac. It allows for a fresh winxp install if you have sp2, fresh disk. I have this. The disk is not an upgrade, it is for someone who has NO OS.
I went thru bootcamp program. Got thru partitioning, copying files, etc etc. Still on blue screen right....Now it says, "Please insert disk from previous installion" HOW CAN I DO THIS? I have a MAC. I have no prev install. I have a computer in other room and a disk for that, but they are unrelated.It is a DELL. My wife got this disk from a vendor when xp first came out.(She gets a lotta freestuff as an IT manager for the city)
I wouldnt do this but I also have Office 2003(NEW) and Mac is shy on suites. I installed NeoOffice(OpenOffice ORG) for Mac. Why is it hanging? All I can do is hit F3 and exit out.

Didnt know how

I clicked on new posts and it showed me "new posts". I just didnt see how to do it, so I opted for the New introduction" mode. That was my first posting on this blog and I sure dont wanna start by p__ing everybody off at me. I thought it was related to bluescreen though...whaddya think? I know it aint the bLuescreenof death, but it was a hangup. It wouldnt go no further. Once again if you will advise me how to initiate a new posting I would RATHER do that. Better chance of getting help. mea culpa.

Do asearch on MBR, master boot record. I had a similar problem. I had a new PC and I had repartitioned it and got rid of Dells(dummy drive) A mirror image for people who screw up(like me) But t is a program you have to put on a 3.5 or a cd if you dont have one, then reboot. I think its called ntldr.exe. But search on repairing MBR. Reinstalling wont do anything.

Okay, with your error codes you could be looking at harddrive issues, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection, plus might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

So do the following:

1. Run a full harddrive diagnostics; this will take time. Your harddrive manufacturer will provide a free utility that you can download from their website.

2. Scan for viruses/malware/trojans.

How to find minidumps: My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. But before attaching do the above first.

Important: If your harddrive is failing then I highly recommend backing up all your important data A.S.A.P.

Warfare I WAS addressing your problem. Your issue is more han likely related to the MBR. I THOUGHT THat the purpose of this thing was someone posts a problem and someone who thinks they may have a clue , I have been doing his since 89. Did you even read my posting? I will leave at this point since anyhing I do seems to irritate you.

I am sorry walter..

I was thinking that you were posting your problem again you can stay if you wish.

Do asearch on MBR, master boot record. I had a similar problem. I had a new PC and I had repartitioned it and got rid of Dells(dummy drive) A mirror image for people who screw up(like me) But t is a program you have to put on a 3.5 or a cd if you dont have one, then reboot. I think its called ntldr.exe. But search on repairing MBR. Reinstalling wont do anything.

I dont really understand what you mean by this. You wan me to run a program that will do something to the windows registry file. I dont know if I can trust that many programs to do that.

Warfare, read my previous response and try the two suggestions. If you still have issues let us know.

bad_pool_caller

hi all im new to forum i got prob w bad_pool_caller 0x000000c2 (0x00000007,0x00000cd4,0x024c0060,0x88315da8) i reinstalled windows and still got it could someone help me find out what is prob,ty

darthsyon said:
hi all im new to forum i got prob w bad_pool_caller 0x000000c2 (0x00000007,0x00000cd4,0x024c0060,0x88315da8) i reinstalled windows and still got it could someone help me find out what is prob,ty

Please start your own post because this thread belongs to warfare. As for C2 errors they are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back