TechSpot

Bluescreen when opening programs

By Kaden93
Jun 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I keep getting bluescreens whenever I open certain programs like Sims 3, Minecraft, Photoshop, or Vegas pro. I don't think its a overheating problem because most of the time its after my computer has just started up, and I don't know what else it can be. I would greatly appreciate somebody helping me with this matter, because it's become unbearable.

I know there's something I'm not including, but I don't know what and I'm sure I dont know how to find said information, so If there's anything I'm leaving out, please tell me what and how to ge tit. Thank you.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,816   +160

Look in here and see if it contains any minidumps:
    C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension... You can select all files with .dmp at the end and right-click and send them to a compressed (zipped) folder. Upload this folder to here
  3. Kaden93

Kaden93 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can't seem to zip the dump files. Every time I do, an error box comes up and says "File not found or no read permission"
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,816   +160

What version of Windows are you running? What is your computers make and model?
  5. Kaden93

Kaden93 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm running Windows 7 Professional. I have an HP Pavilion g7 Notebook.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.