Bluescreen, Windows XP

samjohnson

I am trying to trouble shoot a friends computer. It had blue screened awhile back quite frequently. I chalked it up to a bad a graphics card as when I took it out it didn't blue screen for a couple months.
It has now started blue screening again. I had checked the memory with memtest when it first started and that checked out. There is no new software on the computer so that isn't the case either. I think it is a hardware issue, but not sure what, possible the on board graphics...
In any case, it blue screened today and I have the stop error for it. Any light on this problem would be great, thanks!

0x0000000A (0x8D207501, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x80502367).

If anybody is wanting a dump file let me know, I'll get it. If you could tell me where to get it that would be appreciated too. Its been a while since I went to that particular folder..

Ok I take that back, I just googled that code and apparently 0x000000A errors are windows registry errors...

This error is usually a bad driver, please follow this guide to attach the minidump file.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Back