TechSpot

BlueStacks unveils subscription-based Android console GamePop

By Shawn Knight
May 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. BlueStacks, the company known for helping users run Android apps on the Mac and PC, is preparing to launch an Android gaming console designed to compete directly with those from Ouya, Gamestick and even Nvidia. The free (well, sort of)...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Ouya has some competition. I would prefer open source to this though.

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,473   +622

This is funny. No one wants a mobile games catalog... games need to be better to take advantage of the fact that these mini-consoles run off A/C and have active cooling.

JC713 likes this.
  4. JC713

The OS should be able to adapt games like the PC does. We need Android to be able to change graphical settings to adapt to different devices (older devices, consoles, latest flagship, etc). That is far fetched though.

5. St1ckM4n

There actually are games with graphical settings on it. I guess that'd help.

6. JC713

Wow really. Can you do me a favor and check that out for me. I wonder if you can put the game to highest settings without lag.

7. St1ckM4n

It's a feature on 3D games, like Asphalt, Dead Space, etc. I haven't been keeping up with Android games lately so I don't know any recent ones. But, they are made to be playable on the top-end phones, so High setting is playable. We need this to increase so that phones can't play on High.

8. JC713

True. That is the only way.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.