Bluetooth dongles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioVayne

Me and my brother bought a couple of cheap bluetooth dongles, they work fine ect ect. But does anyone know how to setup so one computer is connected to broadband. And both computers are connected (not entirely sure how to do this properly either) via bluetooth so the second computer can wirelessly surf the net.

You need a network to provide a wireless link for the internet - and I regret that the bluetooth connection does not work like this. Sorry.

Ok. Thank you. Could you point me in the direction of setting up a network?

Primarily through a router/modem (D-link G604T) where my computer is wired and the other is wireless?

Two sorts;
Both machines connect through the modem router to the internet individually. Once the connection to the ISP is set up this should work whether one is a cable or a wireless connection. The wireless should have the encryption enabled.
File & printer sharing network. Make sure both machines are connecting to the interrnet as this will confirm the hardware is OK.
Make sure both machines belong to the same named network (Control Panel > System > Computer name) and have a shared resource on each - make this your shared folder (right click and enable file sharing).
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back