Bluetooth Modem Problems: says port is in use, clearly not in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay so I normally use my cellphone as a modem when I'm out.
I dial in through AT&T's connection... but that's not really relevant.

I was messing with another dial-up modem, and in the process, lost the connection data, and now the whole thing's gone south. I deleted the connection (from network connections in windows) and have since been unable to re-create it.
The thing just won't contact the bluetooth modem at all. Doesn't even make an effort to.

NO matter what dialing information I put in for the dial-up connection, it doesn't even contact the bluetooth modem (the phone) at all. It just immediately fails.

Someone said to try querying the modem. That fails, and gives me an error that "The port that the modem is using is currently open by another application."

What could cause this? What am I doing wrong?

Using Windows Vista, standard bluetooth manager in windows, no special applications.

Agree with Tmagic. And since BT comes as part of Vista you only need uninstall it (assuming you are using Windows and not 3rd party BT drivers). Then (still in Device Manager) just click Action->Scan for hardware change and windows will reinstall it itself

Well, I've tried that and still, no luck.
I believe the bluetooth adapter is damaged, because no other bluetooth functions work either now that I tested them... so I'm going to assume my bluetooth dongle has become damaged, I'll have to get another one and try it.

server clint problem

i connect the server and client computer server internet is going well but client is not
server client is in the same office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back