TechSpot

Bluetooth on Sony Vaio

By sat-pimp
Jul 1, 2008
  1. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N220E Laptop. It came pre-installed with Vista Home 32Bit OS. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 32 Bit OS. Before I upgraded, the bluetooth showed up in device manager, now it does not.
    I looked on the Sony support page for Bluettoth drivers, but did not find any. When I look in system Info I find the device (BTHmodem Bluetooth Serial Communications Driver) But it is disabled. Can anyone help me on how to enable this driver?
    Thanks

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

Have you done anything with this?

3. sat-pimp

sat-pimp TS Rookie Topic Starter

Anything, such as?
    I have been trying to find a driver for the bluetooth.

4. Tmagic650

Sony can't help you with this?

5. sat-pimp

sat-pimp TS Rookie Topic Starter

I went to there web site and could not locate the driver, site not very user friendly.

6. Tmagic650

This is the place:
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNN220EB

I would suggest that you download the wireless device drivers and the motherboard drivers once more, Bluetooth or not. The Bluetooth Adapter is an option on this model. Unless you purchased this option when you bought the laptop, no Bluetooth capability was there

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.