Blurry, bleeding & flat colours

Cyvi

Hi,

I just bought GeForce GTX 465 and I'm having trouble with colours. Especially the blue on black and red on black are really blurry and bleedy, and all the colours seem generally flat. I have a 37" LG Full Hd display with mini-HDMI - HDMI.

What I've tried:
-Old display adapter (8800GTS) with new display. Works like a charm.
-Another display (20" LCD DVI-DVI) with the GTX 465. Works like a charm.

-VGA-VGA. Works with this combo but brings the bad quality of analog signal.
-DVI-HDMI, mini-HDMI-hdmi (another port), no success.
-Fixing the colours from NVIDIA control panel and my HDTV settings
-Colour mode is set to 32bit
-Changing resolution/refresh rates, no success.
-Uninstalling drivers, sweeping with driver sweeper. Reinstalling. Installing old drivers.

As far as I can tell this issue has something with the signal that is sent from my graphics card to my display.

I read about a similar problem here and apparently it is a signal issue. The signal is set to RGB in the NVIDIA Control Panel. But the tricks found here didn't work for me.

I'm getting desperate here, all questions and answers are more than welcome.

Sorry, but that screenshot you posted looks nice and crisp to me - red on black and blue on black look just fine - no bleeding at all in your irc window. I've gotta assume it has something to do with the way your display is receiving/interpreting the signal. Did you follow the recommendations in that second link you posted? Have you tried changing your refresh rate? What happens at a lower resolution?

That's strange. A few other people said they could see the problem. So I guess it's all about the signal then.

Edit: I did try the tricks on the second link. Will try change the refresh rate and lower resolutions

Edit2: No help from changing the refresh rates and/or resolution

I don't see any problem either.
Other people notice this on their displays, thus it is not a monitor issue.
Do you mean they are looking at this same image?

I don't see any problem either.Do you mean they are looking at this same image?

Yes that's what I meant but I was wrong. I tried VGA-VGA and the picture looked perfect. I removed the image from my original post.

So it seems to be a monitor signal issue of some sort

Does your monitor have a DVI input? If so, what happens when you use DVI to DVI? To try VGA to VGA are you using an adapter?

Does your monitor have a DVI input? If so, what happens when you use DVI to DVI? To try VGA to VGA are you using an adapter?
Unfortunately it doesn't. And no, not using adapter for VGA-VGA.

Also DVI - HDMI doesn't fix anything

If I understand correctly, it's the HDMI to HDMI that you are having trouble with now. If so, try a different cable. What brand is your card?

I've tried 2 different cables in different hdmi inputs. My display adapter is Nvidia Geforce gtx 465

I meant what brand Nvidia card: EVGA, PNY, Asus, Zotac, MSI, Palit, etc. Anyway, it's starting to look like there is something wrong with the card. Can you try it in another PC? That would tell us a lot.

Are you using the latest graphics driver?

Oh yeah, it's made by Gigabyte. Don't think I can try it another computer :/.

I feel it has something to do with not sending RGB signal

Try updating the graphics driver. Be sure to uninstall the old graphics driver first and uninstall through Add and Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista, W7).

I've uninstalled, sweeped the drivers with driver sweeper, tried old drivers and reinstalled new drivers but nothing has seemed to work.

I'll try my old 8800gts just to make sure and I'll try the GTX 465 on my sister's computer

Okay.. wasn't able to plug it in a new computer but I tried the old graphics card and it works just perfectly. Next I will try the new graphics card with another display

Tested with another display (DVI-DVI) and the picture is perfect. So it must be about the signal that is sent to my HDTV by my graphics card

Back