TechSpot

BMW vehicles to offer real-time traffic information

By Leeky
Oct 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BMW is set to become the first vehicle manufacturer offering real-time traffic information (RTTI) integrated into their professional navigation system. The feature will be available for free on all new…

Read the whole story

2. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

my hyundai genesis already has something like this in it's gps

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

Pretty sure google navigation has implemented this too.

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

My iPhone TomTom app already does this? albeit, I do have to pay extra for it.
    Even so, never been a big fan of BMW. They have gained a rather bad reputation, or at least here in the UK they have.

I much prefer an Audi, more comfortable and I see less Audi's broken down on the motorway than BMW's.

On a Side note I own a brand new Vauxhall Corsa SRI, I know it looks a bit "Chavy" but I got it for a very good price and since petrol over here litterally cost's more than an arm AND Leg, it is rather fuel friendly :)

5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,310   +238

Nice looking vehicle

6. Burty117

Yeah its alright, bit of a rough ride on the uk roads due to the massive wheels and lowered ride height but the 1.4 100bhp engine is pretty torque'ie for such an engine, its not fast (0-60 10.3 seconds) by any means but since i get around 56miles per gallon, I'm not complaining :) wish I had got the 1.7 turbo diesel engine though, 0-60 8.3 seconds which is much better and it gets around 60-65 miles per gallon!

oooww well, it was my first new car, I guess when I go to trade it in for another new one in 3 years time I can get a diesel then :) unless I do have the money to get a fast petrol :) which probably won't happen :)

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

Haha, even though I'm in from the UK I still read that as "Chevy" given that Chevrolet and Vauxhall/Opel use the same platforms :)

8. Burty117

LOL!!! :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.