TechSpot

Bold Text Everywhere??

By DazzaStark
Jan 27, 2007
  1. Hey all, I was trying to skin my desktop with windowblinds. When I uninstalled it, I found that most of my text is now bold. My entire WLM List is bold. All right-click menus, my emails in my inbox in thunderbird. It's all bold. I tried changing settings in Display properties and also tried reseting everything back to default using windowblinds. Could anyone help me with this? Is it a registry error?

Thanks,
    Daz

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

No it is not a registry error. It is a settings error, that you made. Fix it.

3. DazzaStark

DazzaStark TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

The reason I'm posting is I don't know how. Do you know? Any help would be appreciated.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Give this a try and see if it helps any.

Right click on an empty part of your desktop and select properties. Click on the Appearance tab and under Windows and buttons:, choose Windows XP style. Then, under Color Scheme:, choose whatever color you want from the available choices. Next, under Font Size:, choose normal. Click apply/ok.

Regards Howard :)

5. DazzaStark

Thanks for your attempt to help but this has been unsuccessful many times. Any other ideas?

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

The only other suggestion I have, is to try a system restore to before your problem began.

Regards Howard :)

7. DazzaStark

Thanks. I didn't realize that I had my system restore turned on. This worked great! My eyes can relax now!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.