Bond, James Bond, celebrates 50 years

bobcat

Next to the Beatles and Stones, James Bond was the greatest British import of the 1960s.

As first embodied by Sean Connery in "Dr. No," Agent 007 was a fearless, cool-as-ice spy who excelled at sleuthing, fighting, womanizing and, just for good sport, saving the world. He emerged in October 1962 at the height of the Cold War and space race. President Kennedy was still alive. The Vietnam War still a whisper.

It is now the longest-running franchise in the history of cinema. Six different actors have portrayed 007. The James Bond Theme" is arguably the most potent movie music ever, or at least in the top three. Women like Bond, too. They could probably do without the T&A and suggestive names, but they like watching him.

Why?
Is it the action, the sex, the eye candy, the villains, the intrigue, the gadgets, the cars, the exotic locations?
Yes!

The six James Bonds. Can you recognize them? Who's your favorite?
31pVT.jpg

Pierce Brosnan was who I grew up with and I would love to see how sean connery did as well cause we know he was the most favorited one. I never liked dainel craig.

Back