Bonjour missing

By jalba
Sep 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm trying to install the latest version of Itunes, but i'm running into an issue where it tells me that it can't delete the older version of Bonjour.
    Tried uninstalling it from the "add/remove programs" area, but it can't find the bonjour.msi program.
    The Bonjour folder is no longer within the program files folder, and i did a search - with no results.
    Extracted the bonjour.msi from the itunes installation package to see if i cud bypass, with no results.
    Can anybody help me get rid of this issue PLEASE!!!!???
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Have you attempted an uninstall in SAFE MODE?
  3. jalba

jalba TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 180

tried uninstalling in safe mode.....didn't work :(
  4. brucethetech

brucethetech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 301

reinstall the existing application over top of what you already have to replace the missing files then run the uninstall
  5. jalba

tried to install a newer version of Bonjour, and got the following error as per attachment:-
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,267   +149

The problem might happen if the Bonjour uninstaller didn't do a good job of "cleaning up" after itself when attempting an uninstall. I think best approach is to use Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility .
    > Run it and select Bonjour
    > The tool will cleanup the Windows registry and remove any references to Bonjour.

The tool will cleanup the registry (but not remove any old Bonjour files still on disk). Should hopefully put you in a position where you can now do a clean/fresh Bonjour install.

/* edit */
    To be supersafe, it is prudent to do stuff like backups etc. before attempting the fix
  7. jalba

hey it worked!!! thanks a whole lot dude!!!! :) :) :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.