Boot failure after RAM install

Hello all and thank you for reading!

I installed a new 4g ram stick to my laptop making it 8g total now, sticks work great after loading but on start up I get boot fails until it actually boots up than is fine. the failure I am getting reads

Boot fail ST9500325AS "this is my hard drive"
Boot fail HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT70N ATA "This is my disk drive.

This happen on a black screen right when I boot up, and before windows loading screan.
It is also to be noted that to boot fail only seems to happen while the computer is not warm.

please if you would like any more information please ask as I will be checking this thread alot.

Find out if your laptop can handle/is designed for that much RAM. What is the make and model?

Nope does take up to 8gb of ram, I took it out and re-installed it myself. It has worked thus far and no bootfails!!
had a friend stick it in last time, I guess he just didnt get it in all the way or something thanks for the help.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Nope does take up to 8gb of ram, I took it out and re-installed it myself. It has worked thus far and no bootfails!!
had a friend stick it in last time, I guess he just didnt get it in all the way or something thanks for the help.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Excellent to hear! It sounds like the RAM was not seated properly the first time. Really glad it is working for you. (y)

Back