Boot failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i've had this computer for a couple of years now and its been working fine. i shut it down the other night as usual and when i tried to log on again the next day i was unable to.
specs:
Abit IL9Pro motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz LGA775 Processor
2 x Kingston 1Gb DDR2 667MHz 240Pin Memory
320Gb Maxtor DiamondMax21 SATAI/II 8Mb Cache HardDrive
256MB Radeon X1650PRO PCI-Express VGA Card

the issue im getting is that when i boot my computer screen displays this : (remove the space after http)

http ://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00055va2.jpg

i do not get any beeps when i boot.
i have tried removing the hard drive but it made no difference. i also removed the ram but all this did was give me a seriesof beeps and no on screen display. i have tried using each of the ram individually and it has not affected the outcome.

if you require any other information please just ask as i would love to try and sort this issue out as soon as possible, thanks.

i have tried everything mentioned in that post and nothing has made any difference, every wire has been disconnected and reconnected, the ram + graphics card have been reseated. reseting the CMOS also made no difference.

in addition, if i remove pieces of hardware i do get beep's.

i have tried everything mentioned in that post and nothing has made any difference, every wire has been disconnected and reconnected, the ram + graphics card have been reseated. reseting the CMOS also made no difference.

in addition, if i remove pieces of hardware i do get beep's.

The picture looks like a bad graphics card or graphics slot ...

Does removing the graphics card give beeps too ?

Check all the cylindrical capacitors on the mainboard for leaking or bulging !

I'm thinking of editing that thread to say if you have tried everything then it must be faulty hardware
By the way, if you do get beep codes, that info is also in that thread (down the bottom)

Anyway, here's what you just said

Motherboard is out of case (ie Benchtesting)
Zero PCI cards are plugged in
Only 1 Ram card plugged in
No Dust
CMOS jumpered and reset
No fans plugged in anywhere
No data cables, or HDD or any drive connected
No keyboard\Mouse you name it (just power and video)
All connections, including all front of case wires disconnected, ie onboard USB

Then, it must be Hardware fault, ie
Power Supply
Ram
M/b
CPU

In that order of preference

The picture looks like a bad graphics card or graphics slot ...

Does removing the graphics card give beeps too ?

Check all the cylindrical capacitors on the mainboard for leaking or bulging !

i can not see any capacitors that appear to be leaking or bulging. without the graphics card i get 2 fast beeps followed by 8 slightly slower ones.

yea that was the first thing that came to my head, thought it better to ask around before i went ahead and wasted money on a new graphics card if it was likely to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back