TechSpot

Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

By Auvic
Jul 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. So, uh....hi, guys.

I had some serious bugs on my computer recently, and with the help of the people - as in, Broni - from the Malware section, I managed to get most of them cleared up, though I still had periodic issues with, say, programs refusing to run or just crashing outright. Problems I suspected were due to the nasty rootkit that I thought I'd cleaned up - and problems I hadn't had before I got the bug.

In any case, I'd already attempted to kill the bug by reformatting my disk, but it didn't seem to help any - the fresh install of Win7 still had all sorts of problems with programs crashing for no reason whatsoever, namely that werfault.exe was crashing whenever I tried to open/run any program at all.

So I booted up my windows upgrade CD, and instead of reformatting the partition on my HDD, I deleted it, and made a new one, thinking that delete/new was just a cleaner sort of partition creation. Doesn't seem like it is, though, since my entire computer refuses to boot up now, giving me the error that's in the thread title.

tl;dr:
    I deleted my HDD's main partition, and can't install Win7 into the partition that I created. Computer is now essentially defunct. What do?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.