Booting issues, seems to be the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short while ago, I began to run into problems on my desktop computer, where it would randomly freeze, and I would simply reset it and boot it back up again. Eventually the computer would not boot at all; the fans would still work properly, the lights would still come on, but nothing appeared on the monitor(I checked if it was the monitor). It was only after resetting the power switch and turning the computer back on repeatedly did it eventually start up again, only to have it randomly freeze and go back to clicking the switch on and off again.

I've had issues in the past where the computer wouldn't boot on the first try, and I had to leave it on then reset it to boot again. I found this was a graphics card issue, and I replaced the card. One thing I've noticed one it doesn't boot is that the fan above the processor would slow down, lowering the noise, and going back up, as if it's trying to boot itself properly. When it would come to boot up again, the processor fan would work as normal. Also, the random freezes have occured irregularly, from the POST screen, loading and welcome screens, after the desktop loads, or while I'm playing a PC game.

I'm sorry if the post is vague, but right I've tried to boot the computer for the past 5 hours with no luck, and I'm very frustrated. Everything is plugged in as should be, I've checked and doublechecked everything. My only guess now is that it has something to do with the processor(as indicated by the fan).

Any guesses?

everytime i've had computer freezing issues just like that (with it not wanting to come on somtimes as well) was Graphics problem. usually driver problems. ugh once this card dies I'm through with Nvidia

random freezings are often caused by:
1. bad/underpowered/failing power supply
2. faulty ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back