Booting problem after installing graphics driver

Hi thank you for taking the time to help me with my issue as I am extremely disappointed with what is happening.
To start ill give you the specs on the computer I purchased before I attempt to explain the problem.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-3570T Processor
Mother Board: Asus P8Z68-V
Graphics card- MSI Afterburner R7770 1G

Im not to technologically savvy so excuse my lack of knowledge as to specs

Explanation: So I purchased all of these components about three months ago when I decided to upgrade my computer. I built this computer for gaming and school purposes. On the first and initial install after I personally installed all of these components the instal of the OS and all drivers was quick and easy and worked great. After several months of playing games I went to download an update for a game and it was unable to fully load so I decided to Reformat ( Definitely regret that now). I put in the Windows 7 disc and did the custom install which completely wipes clean the C drive and removes old windows files sort of "starting fresh". I successfully install the OS system, MOBO drivers, and C drive drivers but here is my problem now, when I go to install the driver for the Graphics card(MSI Afterbruner R7770 1G) it says it downloads successfully and requires a reboot. I reboot the computer and here is where the actual problem starts it initially loads all the ways to the windows symbol that shows before the password screen but then it goes completely blank and I just don't know what to do. I'm extremely frustrated and really upset that I spent so much money on a computer and its having issues already :( Please Please help me.

Here is what I have tried so far:
I have attempted to install the driver from the cd= Fail (Same symtoms)
I have attempted to install the drivers from the internet(firefox)=Fail (same symptoms)
I have attempted to install the drivers in different orders Ie Video card first then MOBO= Fail

I just don't understand why its not working now but worked great last week :(

Can you boot in to safe mode from F8. If so try going into safe mode and deleting the graphics driver. See then if you can boot into windows . If so run a check disk.See if this helps. Plus make sure all your chip drivers for your mother board are installed.

Hi, Can you say if you built this pc from separate components, and you have a Windows 7 disc?
I think this is what you have done. So if you have used a new hard drive, or one from a previous pc, you will have formatted the drive NTFS as you went through the installation.
Windows 7 has most drivers to start working in a stable condition, but you need the chipset drivers from Asus, and to install them as soon as Windows is working, before anything else. The graphics card driver and sound are far less important.
Youl know this page at the Asus site ?
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P8Z68-V&p=1&s=39
Assuming you know all this, and the PC ran fine for some time, there are a few things that could have failed.
A sector on the hard drive could have become faulty, a disk check will show if true. Fairly unlikely though, and hard to check without fitting it to another pc as a secondary HDD.)
A RAM chip, or stick could have failed or need refitting. Power off and remove RAM, and refit. ( Would do that anyway.)
Boot the pc, go into BIOS, is the RAM total MB showing correctly? ( Total RAM should be shown in 'Standard CMOS features'.)
As Cobalt006 says, can you get into 'Safe mode'?, that will use Windows in the most basic mode, and will prove if the graphic drivers are causing your problems. Go into Device manager and uninstall graphic card driver. (in Display adapters.)
If you can then reboot pc, and it gets to Desktop, and is stable, then install the chipset drivers, and then you can then install the other drivers, Graphics, audio, etc.
Windows should be stable after that. When downloading the graphic card driver, be sure to get the correct version, I.e. 32 bit or 64 bit, if there is that option.

Okay so I attempted to what you guys told me to with trying to boot into safe mode. But accidentally I pushed two keys with my elbow and it moved my computer performance from normal to high performance and now my computer wont even load or recognize my monitor.. I tried taking out the ram again and putting it back in, and then I pushed the restart button on the MOBO and now it is restarting 5 times before it stays on.. As for Mike I do own my own copy of windows 7 and purchase all the parts individually.

I have tried to put the windows 7 disc in my computer and just start from the beginning again and now it wont even recognize or do anything.

Please help me for I feel like crying this is unbelievably disappointing as I spent 800 bucks on everything and now it wont even work and I only got to enjoy it for 3 months.

Hi, It sounds like you have got to start again with your installation of Windows.
To install Windows you need to set the boot order in the BIOS to make your DVD be the first, then the HDD to be second.
If you have made some adjustments in the BIOS that are now wrong for this set up, then it might be best to reset the BIOS to the default settings (known as 'Failsafe settings'.)
So when you press power on, you should see the option for 'Setup'. It could be F2, press that and it will take you into the BIOS screen. (If it's another key, obviously press whatever that is, but could be DEL, or ESC.)
You might have a shortcut to the 'Boot order', could be F11.
When you find the 'Boot order', change the order to;
1st, Your DVD brand name (Sony, NEC whatever you have.)
2nd Your Primary hard drive. (Maxtor, Seagate etc) When the order is correct, press F11, 'save and exit', press 'Y'.
You might need to hold in the power button to switch off.
Then power on, and put Windows 7 DVD in the DVD drive, does it boot off the dvd?
If not hold in the power button, then power on again, this time the DVD drive should spin up, and Windows starts the install process.
Does this happen?

Have you tried removing the battery for about 5 mins from the motherboard in order to reset the bios to default settings. Then reinstall it. Beings you said you bump to keys ,Which change your computers performance. This may correct the problem you are having and let it boot. Then follow Mike's 1959 directions.

Okie dokie is this hard to do any tips ? Also can this cause any permanent damage ? Secondly if I'm having issues already with this hardware should I just get the free tech support from where I purchased it incase I have to replace any hardware ?

No removing the battery Just set the bios back to default settings. It will not cause any damage. Yes if you are having problem with any of the hardware and it is still under warranty. By all means use there tech support. In case anything needs to be replaced.

Your welcome, Don't forget to reinstall the battery after about 5mins. Then try to reboot the computer.

Hi Nuubblet, For your Asus board, the key for the BIOS is 'DEL'.
So when you boot the pc, the first screen you see should have on it somewhere; 'Press DEL for setup'.
Press it a few times so the pc 'sees' the keypress.
In the BIOS, look for the 'Failsafe settings' option, Select that, and press F11, 'Save and exit'.
Note that the Failsafe settings will not be quite right to install Windows from DVD, the boot order will not be correct.
If you do remove the BIOS coin battery for a few minutes, you will have reset the BIOS to DEFAULT which will let you boot the pc, but you will need, at least to change the 'boot order' as I described before.
The BIOS is the ' to-do ' list for the pc, each time you boot. The job the battery does, is to keep the settings as you want them,
while the pc is off, and unplugged from the mains supply. Battery life is about 5 years.

Back