TechSpot

Bootlock error code on debug screen

By MikeMrw2009
Feb 19, 2009
  1. Hi i have a geforce Nvidia 8200 motherboard and it has that debug screen on the back. anyways when ever i try to start my computer nothing shows up on the screen except the powersave mode box. and on the back the code "d5" keeps showin up. so i went and looked n it said that bootlock is executing out of rom instead of ram. I have no clue what to do.. the only way i can get it started is wiggling some wires and shuttin it on and off. takes 10+ mins to get it started.. and last night i got my first Bluescreen!! yay... any comments? i need some help badly

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Your power supply may be going bad...

3. MikeMrw2009

MikeMrw2009 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nah its not the powersupply. just bought all new stuff in it.

4. Tmagic650

Defective motherboard? Did you install all the motherboards drivers?

5. MikeMrw2009

nah its not that...

6. Tmagic650

Once more... Did you install all the motherboards drivers, hopefully from the motherboards support website?

7. MikeMrw2009

i did from the cd and the website... neither helped. its something with bootlock is executing out of rom instead of ram.. and idk... its being dumb. probably going to have a friend take a look soon

8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

I iwould remove the CMOS battery for an hour. Then cold boot, and reinstall the date, time, etc.
    and see if you are back to normal as you should be.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.