BOOTMGR Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryongliph

hello everyone,
i tried installing XP on my machine (which has no OS as i speak, or type, whatever), the system runs a check on my bios and doesn't halt on any error. then it goes like BOOTMGER missing so i can't install XP. help needed, thanks

yeah, i thought the same too so i went to buy a new harddisk, but it didn't solve the problem. i have a problem like that with vista but that one goes all the way to installation, and when progress reaches expanding the copied files, it says error code 0x80070017 or something like that. i posted the problem on another thread in this forum. thanks though, lemme know if you come up with anything.

tryongliph, that is a really interesting. i have exactly that problem with one of my Vista (Vista 64)machines and I cant for the live of me figure out what is going on.
In my case, just as in yours, i have a new hard disk, and still get that error during install
If you do find out please let me know :)

i have been reading around some forums and some say the problem is from the vga, so it's best to use the onboard vga. others say the settings in the bios has to change. another school of thought is that the cd/dvd that we use has to be re-burnt cos it seems the os has a time out settings so...
i don't know, i haven't tried any of them yet but you can . take care

so sorry guys i forgot to update you on recent happenings, ok, i read around and some people suggested i burn a fresh copy of the dvd so i did and it worked, been playing bioshock and nfs undercover so much i forgot, so sorry. i think there's a count mechanism that allows you only a number of installations per dvd. oh and i did a lot of praying too. you should have seen me

hey ladyjb, i'll try that, but right now i have the system working and i have vmware so i will install xp from there, but i'll still download it for future refrence. i'll let you know if anything comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back