TechSpot

Bootmrg missing, recovery, now bits to fix

By GoneBaja
Sep 1, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I need some help with how to proceed from here.

Problem developed after I tried to resize the C:partition. It is small, full and D; is big and not so full....mostly datafiles...so made a copy of D: deleted it... using the Windows System Device Manager... unfortunately it did not allow me to increase C: into the newly available space and on reboot, got the BootMrg is missing error.

I used the provided Recover Disk, and now have Windows loading, but the path for the Desktop was set to D: so Desktop is not happy.....but I probably need to copy the backup files from D: back onto the C:\ and map them in...

and there are still some residual issues...
    Going into Start Menu Computer C: still thinks it's only 58Gigs and D is not longer present...
    Going into System Device Manager, Disk Drive Volumes that Populate is OS C: with 60000MB Capacity and Recovery 10000 MB.

So the system is unaware of another 400ish gigs of drive space.
    Then I will need to copy the backed up data files onto the C: and tell all the software how to find their files again..??

Hoping someone is up for this...

Computer owner is due back tomorrow, at least I have advanced beyond blackscreen...:)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,837   +164

Any luck with this GoneBaja?
  3. GoneBaja

GoneBaja TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 82

Yes, all fine now....trying to remember what all was required.... I realized I had a Windows disk that came with the machine and got it back.... (y)
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,837   +164

Great :) Thanks for the update, and good luck with the computer

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.