Bootup Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, im not to technical with computers and was hoping i can get an opinion or some help from one of you. When I press the power button on my computer the fan sometimes turns on and sometimes it doesnt, and when i turn my monitor on, it acts as if the computer isnt on. So in other words, when i try to turn it on, it wont start sometimes, sometimes it will. help please?

Have you looked inside the case? The power supply looks like a squid: a big box with a bunch of wires coming out of it. Check the connections from those wires to see that they are secure. If they are secure, I would suspect problems with the power supply. While you're in there, look at the capacitors: those cylindrical things with silver tops that stick up out of the motherboard. The tops should be flat. If they're rounded, that could cause some problems.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to check it out now and hope that is nothing major. After all there shouldn't be to many problems from the computer being under 2 years old. Lets hope when I shut my computer down that it turns back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back