Bootup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowfox

wen i start up my p.c sometimes i get this error

HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER

most pple say that theres somethin wron with the p.c which i completely dissagree

coz

after this incident i opened the case and reput the cables on the motehrboard and it worked well
then after few days the same error happened
then i restarted the p.c and went into the Bios and found out that the motherboard did not even detect that there was a hard disk :|
then i switched off the p.c unplugged the power cord and reput the Sata cables all over again
now its working again
this happens whenever i try to move the p.c when its on , incase of attaching some usb cables at the back of the c.p.u

do u think its the contact of the power plug or Sata cable
the same problem occured with my Sata dvd writer earlier, the drive completely dissapeared from my computer
then my technician said that there was a loose contact with the power cord
i dont see how all devices could b loose :(

somethin you should know
my motherboard had gone in for a repair for overheating, but now its working at a perfect temperature
my harddisk is new and a month old [seagates SATA]
the c.p.u starts up in an abnormal way
it restarts 2wice then continues with the OS booting

Motherboard fault on the Sata connectors
Suggest BenchTesting the Motherboard, and cleaning thoroughly (Remove Dust; and also use Contact Cleaner, then leave to dry)

Could also be a faulty hard drive with intermittent problems. I would back it up as soon as you can get it to boot as it may be going bad.. You can get a new one (they are cheap) and use something like Acronis to clone your old to your new one.

my hdd works perfectly fine if left untoched
but if i have to move the p.c somewhere
then the whole process starts all over

Kimsland
with wat kinda liquid should i use to clean the liquid

Guys it is a Desktop P.c
now it seems to be booting fine ever since i did not move it from its place
i think its a contact porblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back