Borderlands owners to get early Duke Nukem Forever content

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Gearbox announced last week that anyone who purchased the inclusive Borderlands Game of the Year edition would get a membership certificate to join the Duke Nukem Forever First Access club. "This certificate entitles owners who register their unique key to a wealth of goodies," said the press release. A demo is expected to be among the "goodies." Naturally, loyal gamers who already purchased Borderlands and its DLC separately felt snubbed, but as it turns out, that's not entirely true.

What the press release failed to mention is that anyone who bought Borderlands on Steam -- no matter the edition -- also has access to the DNF First Access Club. If you open your Steam game library and select Borderlands, you should see "CD Key" on the right, which displays the codes for your Borderlands DLC as well as the DNF First Access Club. The club doesn't appear to be open just yet, and we're not sure when it will be. It's also unclear when non-members will get the demo.

Permalink to story.

I own borderlands but i don't have it on steam and i don't have the goty. Am I left out to dry?

You can register any game on Steam. Give it a shot and see what happens, kg363.

I don't see the point why anyone is worried about not getting to play it early because as soon as the early access demo is out, it will be leaked and had great fun by all. :D

Direct2Drive also has the same deal.

I wonder how many people will buy the game just to see the demo? People pay for a movie just to see a trailer, so on a relative scale of cost vs time its about the same.

Thanks Dustin_ds3000, been looking for a list such as that for a while, now I can register my UT3 :)

Back