TechSpot

Bot or Not will tell you if a Twitter account is run by a social bot

By Shawn Knight
May 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Twitter is closing in on a billion user accounts but as we looked at last month, nearly half of those accounts have never published a single tweet. And even if an account is active, that doesn't mean it's legit as...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

Turns out, I'm a bot. Didn't even see that coming, probably getting rusty, must change oil or something...

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,490   +2,042

It needs a bit of work... OK, a lot of work. It reckons I must be a bot and it doesn't know if my wife is a bot or not, all it gives are red (!!!)

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,548   +2,346

I can't tell you how relieved I am to find out I'm not a bot. After watching all of Battlestar Galactica (2004) this past year, I was starting to doubt the certainty of my humanity. If not for these researchers at IU, I don't know what I would have done.

5. I may just start my own messaging service and add 1 trillion bots ready to go.

Then I will IPO in the second month and value each bot at $100. Then Mark Suckerberg will get all paranoid and stop slaughtering his dinner to sign a big fat cheque and buy it.

Then I will buy Lithuania and a big fur coat.

6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

Seems like tweaktown. It copies every article from Techspot, but changes the narration.