Both Win XP and 7 stuck at logon screen

Hello All,

Please help me.
When I try to start my PC (which has both windows XP and windows 7) they kinda stuck at start up,

Please help me find the problem,
These are the things that I tried so far:

- Try Using windows 7 recovery = Unsuccessful, (After restart it stuck in windows logo again)
- Try to load from system restore point in Win 7 = Unsuccessful, It detect the restore point and load it but again after restart it stuck again.
- Try to Load Win XP in Safe Mode = Successful, But again in normal mode Unsuccessful.

- I tried to load default values for my main board (in case is i used hi VGA or CPU turbo boost or something)
- I tried to disconnect extra devices which use USB ports,
- I try to dis connect my extra fans (in my case) to avoid over voltage usage
- I check my CPU fan and its working.

My Main board is Asus X48 DQ6, VGA 9800GX2, CPU dual core 9300 or something, 2 GB of ram, This system was working fine for more than two years with high end graphics and I never had problem with it till now.

I hope I dont have hardware problems.

any idea will be welcome... I am waitin

So you're dual booting the computer with XP and 7. Do you need both? I did that for a while and finally realized that I didn't even need XP any more. I assume you know about the boot.ini file? If not, it's worth checking out to make sure there is nothing obviously wrong. You can find technical info about it here:

I'm too much of a noob here to post links but you can google "windows boot file" and look at Microsofts webpage on the subject.

I don't know if that could be causing the problem but if you can't get past the logon screen then it sounds like a boot problem. Good thing you can still log on in safe mode under XP in order to find the file and look at it (if not, using a Linux live CD works to look at your drives). Just make sure to make a copy of the boot.ini file before you change it so that you can go back to where you began if things get too messed up. If you can find the file and post the text here, I'll look at it and see if I can find something wrong.

Back