Boxee Box gets Vudu support, tons of bug fixes

By Matthew
Jan 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Boxee has finally released a firmware update with Vudu support for the Boxee Box. The media streamer was supposed to receive Vudu last week, but Boxee cancelled the rollout after discovering critical bugs. Users should get the firmware update automatically within the next 24 hours, and you can initiate the download manually via Settings>System>Update.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

Any of you TechSpotter's have one of these? If so, care to comment on whether you like it or not? I'm trying to think of a way to get away from cable TV and this looks like the most viable option.
  3. I've got one and despite the bugs (which should now be fixed with this update) I love it. Every bug I have encountered is listed as being fixed by this update so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works once my update finishes.
    I thing I would suggest to anybody who has one or is going to buy one is that you should consider getting a Windows Media Center remote (with the USB IR sensor). Works much better then the included remote.
  4. phillai

phillai TS Enthusiast Posts: 31

I got one of these and it's amazing but not perfect.

Recently heard that there will NOT be an official Facebook app and that it will NOT recognise chinese character named files from my hard drive... I know 'cause I asked them this question on their official Facebook fan page...