Boxee unveils beta, stand-alone box made by D-Link

By Jos
Dec 8, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As promised, social media startup Boxee yesterday revealed both the beta version of its software as well as the hardware partner that will be bundling it in a standalone device. Designed by Astro Studios and built by D-Link, the Boxee Box comes in the form of a rather eye-catching cube that appears to be sinking into the desktop, and is scheduled to hit U.S. store shelves sometime in the second quarter of 2010 for around $200.

Read the whole story
  2. levar

levar Newcomer, in training Posts: 232

Nice! I like the new UI. And those Boxee Box wow I though that was edited of some sort didn't think that's how it gonna actually look. Neat.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 880   +52

Took boxee for a spin a few months back, had lots of promise but being up in Canada I couldn't get most of the available content. I'll give them a spin again went the next beta is avalible. The hardware looks really kewl, kinda hoping the ion is powering the graphics.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.