TechSpot

Brand new 2x GTX 560 Ti in SLI, causes my system to go nuts

By bendag1
Oct 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hey guys
    I just recently upgraded from gtx 260 in sli to two 560 ti in sli
    I also received nvidia 3d vision and the acer 28in 3d monitor.

I uninstalled the previous drivers, plugged the two cards in, downloaded the drivers for the card and the 3d vision, starting off no problems,

about 10 min into a game my system gives me a BSOD
    after reboot i notice that my hard drive and cd drive are listed as removable devices.
    now my system will not stay on for more than a few min.

I ran system restore, plugged back the gtx 260 and started from scratch putting one in at a time and it seems to be lasting a bit longer now

however recently it has started up again for no reason

I am attaching my mini dump files.

Any help with this would be appreciated because i have 15 days left to RMA the cards. I wanted to post this before I ran memtest just to make sure my ram is okay.

system specs

intel core 2 quad cpu q6700
    800w psu
    4g of sli ready ram
    3x monitors - 2x 32 inch and 1x 28

Attached Files:

2. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 TS Rookie Posts: 152

Did you try to use a single 560 with the old monitor, without changing anything else to see if that gives you a BSOD? If so, try the other card separately and see if it happens.

3. bendag1

bendag1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes when I use one of the cards I get BSOD a lot less frequency than when i use them together. each card gave similiar bsod frequency but together, in sli or not, they cause a lot more. I do have some more mini dumps on my desktop at home which I can upload if that can help you diagnosis this.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

Sounds like a power supply problem

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.