Brand new A-Bit NF7-s2 MoBo. Will not post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC Had a soltek board & went out. Bought the new A-bit board NF7-S2. Nice board, so I'm told. I have an A-Bit board in another machine & has proven to be rock solid for me & what I do on my PC.

I install the new A-Bit board & she will not post. So the older Soltek board will not post & now the new A-Bit board will not post. I wonder if there might be some issue with the case to make the board go out ???

I could really use some assistance. If any of you might be able to help solve the mystery, would love to hear from you. Feel free to respond here or via e-mail. ah269@comcast.net. Please mention "Motherboard Problem" in the subject due to a lot of junk mail from day to day.

Thanks
One without post

It sounds like a common problem with DIY PCs. I'd check any stand-off's shorting the mobo and the case. The best way to deal with it would be to remove everything from the case, and test the bare bone on anti-static bag on a desk. Only mobo, cpu, ram, video and psu.

BTW, what PSU are you using?

sorry fo t the delay, it is a 400 watt psu. I have a new board on the way...going to make sure it will post before I mount it & then change over to the plastic stands to mount the board to the case.

Also, when you install a different mobo, you need to re-install your Windows. It will not run with the drivers from the old motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back