Brand new computer keeps freezing

Hi, I bought a brand new computer. It's been freezing when I leave it alone for about ten minutes or so. The whole computer stops. I shake the mouse and everything, and nothing works.

We have disabled Vista turning off the hard drive, we've turned off the screensaver, we've turned off the computer shutting down.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229296 This is the computer I have. All I've gotten on it has been firefox and an antivirus program and a couple of other protection programs. If I leave it alone, it will freeze. I feel stupid that I paid so much for a computer that won't even work, but I'm coming to ask you guys if there's something I'm not doing.

I would really like this computer to work if possible. Thank you so much for your time and if I'm screwed, well, thank you anyway. I hope you all have a great day.

If it's brand new, it should still be under warranty. If you bought it online, you could make arrangements to RMA the unit back to the seller or manufacturer (whichever is applicable). Trying to fix it yourself could void the warranty.

Just curious, if the computer is brand new, how come it came with Vista?

I'm not really sure. I'm so used to Vista that it just came naturally to say it. I haven't had 7 for very long. I just upgraded. I apologize.

Did you go to All Programs, Windows Update and run it until no more updates are found including all the optional updates, then run it once more after that? If you didn't do this you can't be sure Windows is fully updated. I don't really care if everything else is updated at this point

Back