Brand New PC crashes after 10min to 1 hour gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm having a hard time with this brand new PC and can't figure out what is wrong.

I have tried the following games: Shayia, WolfET, Fallout3, Far Cry2.

All of them crash after 10min to 1 hour of gameplay. I get a blue screen that flickers then my pc reboots.

I tried WinXp 64b and WinXp 32 sp3. still the same results.

I tried with the drivers that came with my system, didnt fix the problem so tried with the ones on the manufacturer's websites for all hardware didnt work any better.

Here is my gear: CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3G/1333/6M/S775

MOBO: ASUS P5Q ( It broke after 9 days of games failing so I had the store give me a new one, since they believed that was the problem)

RAM: CORSAIR 800Mhz DDR2 NO-ECC 4096M TWINX C5

Hard Drive: 500G 7200 SATA2 SEAGATE

Power supply: Corsair 650W

Video Card, EVGA 9800GTX+ 512M

I use to understand everything that was happening with my old PC ( 5 years old) even changing blown up caps on it but this new computer with all the new technologies is overwhelming and after spending a good amount of cash I would like to be able to play a game.

Will wait your expert advice :)

Take it back to the store and have them check it out. You might also have a defective video card or memory

Have you tried monitoring the GPU temps via SpeedFan or a similar utility? Your video card might be overheating and shutting down. Also check that the HSF on your CPU is seated properly.

Problem solved!!!!

Hello, thanks for all your input,

After testing with Memtest86, I received lots of errors so restarted to make sure and the computer wouldnt start anymore. I figured it was a memory thing and sure enough after bringing it to the store, and them testing it they changed the memory and all has been good since :)

In case you didnt think it was possible, CORSAIR Ram are not 100% fault free :)

If you think something can never fail give it to me and it will hahaha.

Anyways been playing Far Cry 2 for the pass 4 days and zero BSOD or crash or slow downs even.

Finally I can use my new computer as intended :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back