Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

I brought a brand new PC, two days back. Config below:

AMD Phenom4 9650
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2HP
4GB of DDR2 800MHz
SATA HDD

I installed a fresh copy of windows xp. There is hardly any data on any of the drives....

My PC often keeps restarting intermittently and sometimes if it doesn't restart, it will hang for sure...and when it hangs, it is complete dead (even the Ctrl + ALT + Del doesn't work). I then end up manually restarting the PC during such state.

I read over several threads for the past one day to see and figure out. From several posts that I read, the possible solutions given by several people are:
1. Disable the "Auto restart" option in the Control panel
2. Possible faulty Hardware component (could be RAM or mobo)
3. Could be Heat sink issue
4. Could be driver or s/w issue

For #1, I dont think it is the real solution...I tried it then I get the BSOD..not sure of the msg..since I didnot note the error msg...
For #2, Its hard to convince myself that it could be a faulty hardware component, unless I come to a solid conclusion on it...

When I switched into Safe mode, it works fine...meaning for an hour or so, the windows didnot restart by itself and didnot hang either. So, I suspect it could be a driver that should be malfuntioning.

I am seriously looking for some other solutions that some of you folks can offer me, so I can alienate the buggy h/w or s/w issue on this bran new PC. I am desperately looking, so please anyone out there help me....

Thanks in advance for any of your replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back